Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I like beer.

Hi, I'm Michael, and I like beer.  Do you like beer?  

Yes?  Cool, we'll probably get along, and you'll hopefully dig this blog.  No?  Cool, we'll probably still get along, and maybe I can buy you a pint that'll change your mind. 
You'll be this sad when it's gone, too.

I really got into beer while traveling in Europe in the fall of 2013, and I began to realize just how wi(l)de the world of beer is.  Before that trip, beer was a fizzy yellow drink that dads and college kids drank while yelling at football players or trying to forget that paper they should probably write.  During the trip, I decided to document and review all the beers I tried. The more beer I tried, the more I realized that beer is sometimes neither fizzy nor yellow!  Beer can taste like chocolate, like raspberries, like wine, like magic and happiness and and angel tears and frolicking in a meadow of wildflowers.  Beer is a pretty wonderful thing, especially if you get a little adventurous.  Once I returned from Europe, lots of people said I should put those reviews into a blog.

This blog will mostly be reviews of beer, stuff from all over the place.  From just down the street to across the pond, I'll review any beer I can get my hands on, hopefully passing along any knowledge and excitement I can.  I hope at least one person will say, "Wow, that beer sounds amazing!" and then go buy it and drink it and say, "Damn, that beer tastes amazing!"

I might also include some random musings on beer and the beer world in general.  Maybe review a taproom or brewery or two, a bar here or there. Perhaps a little something on glassware, cellaring, or beer styles, whatever sort of beer-related stuff pops into my head.

Here's a toast to good beer and cool people who read cool blogs and share them with cool friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment